June 15, 2015
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Office of Investor Education issued an Investor Alert pointing out the Five Red Flags of Investment Fraud:
- Promises of High Returns with Little or No Risk-if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Unregistered Individuals -always check to make sure the person selling the investment is registered and licensed.
- Red Flags in the Financial Professional’s Background-check the background by looking at the FINRA BrokerCheck site, SEC and state regulator records.
- Pressure to Buy Quickly-if you are being pressured to act quickly, you should stop and take a closer look.
- Free Meals-be wary of the ‘free lunch’.
To read the Investor Alert in its entirety, follow this.
Rex Securities Law , with offices in Boca Raton, FL, and Austin, TX, provides representation to investors nationwide who are seeking recovery of investment losses due to the negligence or fraud of stockbrokers and broker dealers. If you have questions about how your account has been handled, call to speak with an experienced securities attorney.
Most cases handled on a contingent fee basis meaning that you do not pay legal fees unless we are successful.
Florida-561 391 1900